|baxter! oil on canvas panel|
|well, what had happen was.....|
obviously painting daily is great practice. and i need all the practice i can get!
lessons learned with today's painting session:
1. i don't think i can handle painting small
2. i don't have enough small brushes
3. i also don't like the super smooth panel
4. maybe hamsters are just not my thing
i almost gave up on this one. i struggled so much. i cleaned everything up. and as i stepped away from it, i saw where many improvements were needed.
5. step back and look at it before you clean up
6. take pictures before you start making "improvements"
at first i hated this one but at least it is recognizable as a hamster. i'm just happy i actually spent some time painting today. it's just like anything else. the more prepared i am, the more confident i get. and i really love doing it so why not do something i love on a daily basis?