Sunday, July 7, 2013

meanwhile, back in the studio.....

i seem to go through these phases where time just passes me by and it seems to go in full speed. i was thinking of times where i felt my day was longer or more fulfilling. usually those are days where i don't go in to my "day job". doing creative projects, reading, writing, or spending time outside always made my days feel longer, more relaxed, and more productive.

it's been a long time since i've worked in my studio. first thing i did today, cleaned and organized it. then i completed a project i've wanted to do for months. a good friend of mine recently became a grandmother and i wanted to make a gift. she has a great sense of humor so i hope she likes them.

i had the bright idea of using puffy paint. i don't like puffy paint :) it's difficult to work with. everytime i thought i had a smooth and steady hand, a puff of air would burst out and mess things up. maybe that's why it's called "puffy" paint, tee hee. but i must be maturing because i did not get frustrated. i just continued and got it done. i'm not sure what they will look like when they are dry.

i'm sitting in my studio now, my favorite room of the place. i'm really happy right now. i love having all of the messy and colorful paint spots on my hands and fingers. now i'm just wondering what i should do in here next.....


No comments:

Post a Comment