Thursday, April 5, 2012

what emotion does this convey?

the assignment was to create an emotion or a feeling in a drawing without using a human figure. well...
my idea looked good as a thumbnail in my sketchbook but i look at this and all i can think of is "monster eye". maybe i'm just being silly. we had to use space, light and perspective to convey a feeling. i thought i could convey fear. so many people have stage fright (myself included). the perspective was suppose to be from high in the balcony. i probably should have made the stage scene a bit smaller. i don't know. the spotlight is a focal point. the spotlight was also suppose to have a dramatic light effect. i don't know how i feel about this piece. i think i need to darken the curtains to match the top curtain. and maybe the shape of the stage just isn't working for me. hmm...

1 comment:

  1. For me, it conveyed nervousness, since that is how I'd feel if I were up on a fancy stage like that with a big spotlight shining on me! Stage fright, for sure... Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete